• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick lift

Network...meet some people at your school with similar interests. There's bound to be someone around that could help you install the lift. Cost effective...any old add-a-leaf kit would probably do.

buy the coils (some will say use f-250 coils, IMO buying a 3 inch cherokee coil is worth the money in ride and flex) and do a bastard pack rear using s-10 blazer leaves, do a search for bastard pack s-10 leaves and try dakota leaves too, there are some good write ups on the subject, i used the second leaf out of a 93-ish 4wd s-10 blazer as an add a leaf to the stock xj pack and so far it has worked out really well for him. just remember if you put together a mixbreed lift like that remember that as you go up you can't forget shocks and brakelines, and as you go above three inches the trackbar becomes an issue too, but at 3 inches the stock trackbar will work fine.

as far as installing it find some buddies who are runnin lifts that they put on and anyone 4wd savvy should be able to help, i did and continue to do all my stuff on my own and in my garage back home

Back