• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blower motor

GinisKratos

NAXJA Forum User
My fan has never worked, so i replaced the climet control unit thinking it might be the switch, its still not working.

I need to check the electrical, ever since i took out the head liner, dome lights and visors, the radio and clock stopped working

If it ends up not being electrical, what are some of the things i should know about replaceing the blower motor. Seems pretty strait forward. Take out old insert new, ta-da! But you can never be sure :wantyou:

So if there is anything one should know before starting. Let me know. Thanks

Ed​

If the blower only works on high, then you need to replace the blower motor resistor.

If yo uhave a bunch of electrical stuff that doesn't work, check the fuses.

If it doesnt work at all, there is a decent chance your blower motor is siezed( not uncommon at all ), its a simple replacement procedure, it will vary depending on year however. Also if your blower motor is siezed, you will wanna switch out the resister pack at the same time while your there. What happens is when the blower motor starts wearing out it draws eccesive current and this may heat up and ruin your resister pack. It may be fine for now but chances are it wont last long either.

But from what you say alot of electrical devices dont work, check fuses for sure, and there could be a common ground thats correded, or many other possibilites, have fun though, i hope its a simple one.

my fuses are good, I'll take a look at the grounds and also make sure I didnt F up anything when i took out the head liner. Then ill check the motor and the resister pack. Thanks for the heads up!

-Ed

You can unplug the blower motor under the hood and run a jumper wire from the battery for a quick check to see if it is burn't out or not.

That's how I found out mine was bad before I replaced it.
I did that first...then found that the resistor pack was bad and fixed it with a $1.40 part and some solder.

You can unplug the blower motor under the hood and run a jumper wire from the battery for a quick check to see if it is burn't out or not.

That's how I found out mine was bad before I replaced it.
I did that first...then found that the resistor pack was bad and fixed it with a $1.40 part and some solder.

Good idea, I havent gotten to the blower yet, have a clunk in the front end i need to fix but I will check. Thanks

Ed

Back