• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions on my new Rough Country 4.5" leafs

XJfire75

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I picked up some 4.5" leaf packs from a guy for $125 :shocked:!

Anyways I measured the rise at the heighest point and it was 10.5". Is that about right for 4.5"? Also, how do they ride? I've got Pro Comp MX6s so that helps.

I'm assuming I will gain a decent ammount of flex compared to my AAL/block/shackled set-up right? LOL

Wheres a good place to get new buchings for them? The guy cut the metal sleeves down to fit a Sami's 2" wide shackles.

Thanks

I would call RC and see if they sell them, but If I am not mistaken, I think all the XJ Leaf springs bushings are the same size.

Do a quick mik on them and get the size. I have the same springs sitting in my garage I could measure.

Mac

Take the leafs to a suspension shop and ask them to press in new bushings, any decent shop should stock them. They are cheap.

If the bushings were cut down to 2" wide, does that mean the whole leaf pack is 2" wide?

If it does, sell them.

If not, how do you get a 2" shackle on 2.5" wide leaf packs?

Did I miss something?

If the bushings were cut down to 2" wide, does that mean the whole leaf pack is 2" wide?

If it does, sell them.

Did I miss something?

No your on it,cant have one without the other! :roll:

If it does, sell them.

Did I miss something?

IDK thats just what he told me and they are grinded on a bit but the leafs havent been touched. 2.5" wide. One of the steel sleeves is missing and the others still measure 2.5". IDK what he meant then LOL.

Take the leafs to a suspension shop and ask them to press in new bushings, any decent shop should stock them. They are cheap.

I work at a machine shop. No problems there. I got a press that will work using my little finger ha.

Might just swap my stock packs bushings in. I inspected them when I put the shackles in and they were fine.

contact GRIMUS99XJ on here and he can get you hooked up with some bushings. He is the RC rep and takes care of problems of all sorts. I ran those same springs that your talking about and they rode decent and I upgraded to RE monotubes for a better ride. The only reason that I dont run them anylonger is b/c I went with full leaf packs for my 6.5" lift and I went with BOR leafs since RC did not offer leaf packs for more then 4.5".

Well I'm running Pro Comp MX6s out back so they should ride good paired with them. I have them set on 2 right now because the thick a AAL stiffend it up quite a bit.

Back