• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cylinder misfire code??? 97 XJ

nmdave7

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I was out wheeling this weekend and check engine light came on after going thru a bumpy rock filled dry stream bed. Had it scanned and came up with the p300 random misfire and p132 o2 high voltage. I did a tune up several months ago. This included plugs, cap, rotor, wires and two new o2 sensors. Been running fine since then until yesterday. It seems to do ok at RPM, bu idles rough and started smelling rich. Checked for the usual, loose wires, vaccum leaks, etc. any ideas?

I'd concentrate on the PO132 as the PO300 may simply be the result of the 132. It is for the upstream O2 sensor. I know the sensor is new. Take another look at the wiring for that sensor; if that is burned or ends up shorting out, problems ensue. If you are absolutely sure the wiring is fine, test that O2 sensor with a good meter or an o-scope.

mine was having the same issue. Unplugged the upstream sensor, started the jeep and it ran fine. Plugged the sensor back in and it's still fine. Was just a dirty connection. Worth a try.

Back