• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise control stwiches What years interchange?

Big_Al

NAXJA Forum User
Hooking up cruise on my 1997 but wondering if stwiches from a 2001 will work? Also do you need a air bag cover for cruise or can mine be trimmed? Thanks, Al

the 01 switches will work. not sure about trimming your cover, but you can check ebay or even the forsale section on here and score a air bag that is for the cruise optioned steering wheel for fairly cheap.

Better check, i think 97 & 98 are different than the newer ones. The switches look the same but there was a reason they wouldn't interchange.

I used 97 switches on my 98 with no problem,
I thought 97 was its own special deal. In regards to if they did not have cruise originaly some needed a new center and airbag, but not all

Two groups, not interchangeable, they look the same, internal resistance is different. 97-98 and 99-01.
The system uses resistive multiplexing, if the resistance values are wrong, it will not work.

PS The above information is correct, but I cannot guarantee that they didn't make a middle of the year change

Back