• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OakRidge

G

Any of you VA jeepers know about this place, i've never really heard about it, till i found out that the jeep jamboree is there.

Is it open to 4wheelers all the time?

David

no. oak ridge is private property. they are very strict about who is allowed on the property. i know for camp jeep, jeep jam, and the va4wda poker run the people in charge were strict (as they should be) about making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, and such. they put chains and cables acrossed most of the trials when they arent being used. there are trails close by to oakridge that are on public land.

Hunter

What Hunter said is right. There are alot of other events that are held at Oakridge than wheeling (i.e. Fox hunts, civil war re-enactments etc..) So you can see why it is closed to the public. Also, if you are there and not supposed to be, they shoot first and ask questions later. :wink:

Ok cool, just wondering i had never really heard of it

I am hoping to make it down to Camp Jeep this summer but it's so damn expensive

David

P.S. Anyone been? and is it worth that $300?

IMO Camp Jeep is definately worth the price. You get 3 days of absolutely everything Jeep and a whole lot more. All of the free give away stuff is almost worth the price to go.

I don't think there is any other event like this where you can trail ride one day, talk to Jeep engineers the next, you also have 1 on 1 access to many of the manufacturer suppliers of Jeep components like New Process, Goodyear, Dana/Spicer and lots more. Plus, with all the activities you will be hard pressed to see everything, and the Grand Finale Show & Fireworks and the best I have ever seen!

Go, you won't regret it!

Ok good to now, im definitly going!

anyone else thinking about it?

David

If I was going to be here, I would be a guide for it.

Back