• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alloy shafts ?

rckddy

NAXJA Forum User
what brand would be the best to get for a hp dana 44. dont mind cost just want the best.and would like to run 35 or 40 spline. so lets hear what yall got thanks

the one with the best warranty.
I have no experience, but if I am gonna spend the money on them, I want a lifetime warranty or the longest one out there...

If you think you're going to run 40 spline, you need to go back to the books and do some research.

What dana 60 outers do you have for 35 spline shafts?

Alloy-USA has hands down the best warranty, and their shafts are the best outside of CTM shafts.

If you think you're going to run 40 spline, you need to go back to the books and do some research.

What dana 60 outers do you have for 35 spline shafts?

Alloy-USA has hands down the best warranty, and their shafts are the best outside of CTM shafts.

fa sho fa sho!!

I'm running Alloy-USA inner shafts and Moser outer shafts on my front HP44. They both look like good quality shafts, but the Moser shafts just look a little better.

ctm > alloy-usa > superior > warn > moser > yukon > spicer

You call Moser and give them the dimensions of the shafts you want. I had originally ordered Alloy USA inner and outer, but the place I ordered from ran out of Chromoly. After 3 months of not hearing anything, I called and they said 30-45 more days. I called again after that time, and they said another 30 days. I called moser after that, and had my shafts the next week. I just wanted to drive my Jeep and my axle was just about done so.

You call Moser and give them the dimensions of the shafts you want. I had originally ordered Alloy USA inner and outer, but the place I ordered from ran out of Chromoly. After 3 months of not hearing anything, I called and they said 30-45 more days. I called again after that time, and they said another 30 days. I called moser after that, and had my shafts the next week. I just wanted to drive my Jeep and my axle was just about done so.

I had my Alloy USA D44 inners to my door within a week.

I would like to see a HP44 40 spline. Pics?

Getting shafts from anyone right now is hit or miss, There is just not a lot of stock available right now.

I waited a couple of months for USA shafts be available with no luck, Then called Superior and they didn't know how long until they would have stock, Couldn't get a strait answer for Warn shafts, I didn't want shafts from Yukon, I have broken enough of those.

Finally I tracked some down at Dutchman, ordered a set and the follow week called back to order spares and he was out of domestic stock, But he still had some import stock blanks available.

I had my Alloy USA D44 inners to my door within a week.

Ya I ordered my custom length inners and stock outers at the same time, and I got the custom length inners on my door a week or so later (I expected it to take a little due to the custom length and splining).

I would have waited but it just didn't seem like they were getting any stock in soon, and after not driving my Jeep for 5 months, and I was getting close to the end, I wanted some shafts so I could drive it, so I called Moser.

moser makes each shaft to order, quick turnaround. i ordered my rear 60 shafts on one wednesday they were at my door when i woke up the next morning, i simply didn't understand it.

and 35 and 40 spline 44 shafts are just plain stupid, all you are doing is making a part you will never break stronger, there is no point when you have the 760x u joints and 16 spline outer shafts. not to mention the plethora of 40 spline locker options out there

Last edited by a moderator:
moser makes each shaft to order, quick turnaround. i ordered my rear 60 shafts on one wednesday they were at my door when i woke up the next morning, i simply didn't understand it.

and 35 and 40 spline 44 shafts are just plain stupid, all you are doing is making a part you will never break stronger, there is no point when you have the 760x u joints and 16 spline outer shafts. not to mention the plethora of 40 spline locker options out there

I think the point of doing a 35 spline dana 44 front, is to run dana 60 knuckles and outers, getting away from the 760. The stubs (if they stayed 44) would be 19 spline not 16, but there are 30 spline upgrades available (same ish diameter, though).

I run a 35 spline dana 44 rear, because it was the same cost as 30 or 33 spline. I'm yet to find a 40 spline dana 44 though..

there might not be a 40 spline dana 44. i might of been looking at a dana 60. but i have a 9 in and it will be getting a 40 spline or adleast 35.i'll be getting my shafts from moser. they have worked great for drag racing so they should be ok for offroad. but i do want to thank you all for the input.

Back