• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes Pathfiinder tires?

Wallymander

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know?
i suppose they could be thier own brand, but ive found store brands are usually made by someone else. Anyone know more about thier tires? Im thinking of buying some for the MJ instead of BFGs to save some $$ and to try another tire in the name of fairness. Plus... they are cheaper. I mean that IS a pretty big motivator

Anyone know?
i suppose they could be thier own brand, but ive found store brands are usually made by someone else. Anyone know more about thier tires? Im thinking of buying some for the MJ instead of BFGs to save some $$ and to try another tire in the name of fairness. Plus... they are cheaper. I mean that IS a pretty big motivator

Check with a Firestone dealer,i have not seen them on the web but i have seen them in Firestone stores.
redeye202

Check with a Firestone dealer,i have not seen them on the web but i have seen them in Firestone stores.
redeye202

They sell them at Discount Tire as their "Brand tire" which usually means its their
Store tire. I was curious as to who makes them.

I don't know who makes them, but I bought some of the Pathfinder AT's in January, and I have a little over 10K on them now. I love them. They are warrantied for 70k miles (I don't know if they will make it that long, but we will see) They perform well in snow and wet pavement, I've not run them off road yet. They look good too.

and i might also add that i used to work at a tire retailer and we would have tires that sold under the same name but would be manufactured by various companies... they would look identical but we would have shipments with different manufacture codes on them. probably they would go with whomever bid the cheapest that month.
we would mount them all up without regard to the manufacturer, so you might get 4 tires all with the same 'brand' but made by different companies.

ask nissan?
:jester:

Seems like when I was looking for tires for my Tahoe I was offered those and IIRC (which often I don't) They're made by Kelly Springfeild. Did a quick search (yeah bored this morning)... and this was all I came up with...

PATHFINDER TIRES

kotspacer.gif
kotspacer.gif
Pathfinder tires are a private label brand of tires created to meet the exceptionally high standards of America's largest independent tire dealer: Discount Tire Co. With five distinct varieties of Pathfinder tires to choose from, you are sure to find one that fits your driving environment

I also clicked on several links that had independant reveiws but I don't put much stock in those.....Al

I dont put much faith in reviews either given the factors of vehicles, drivers, driving styles, attitudes, expectations, environments, weather, ........
I can see them farming the tire out to whomever bids best, but they are advertising that its "new and improved" so to speak, which makes me think they probably stuck with one maker.
Not that big of a deal, i suppose i could ASK the staff @ Discount tire. They generally have no problem telling you. I will probably get them anyway given i have a tighter budget due to our house shopping in progress.
In one of the articles, they state they tested the tires on a Goodtear testiing track. So mabye?????

FWIW
and to whom it may concern...
I bought they Pathfinder A/Ts 31/10.50s
I like em so far. Discount tire guy tells me they are made by Goodyear so there we go.
They are also a tire made for Discount. On the sidewall in small print the tire reads " www.Discounttire.com"

I saw some pathfinder MTs the other day, kinda looked like a cross between a regular MT (BFG style, typical MT) and an MT/R. The tread pattern looked pretty good. I just saw them as I was pulling up to a place to grab a sandwich though, and didn't get a chance to ask the owner if they were any good.

FWIW, in my experience, the cheaper MTs aren't that bad for the money. Especially if you compare to BFG (which is overpriced and excluding the KM2 because I've not run nor seen anyone running them yet) definitely hold their own. I'm rocking some mastercraft MTs and for the money I really can't complain....They ride mint, even with only between <1/2 and 1/4 tread left on them, and they wheel fantastically.

Back