• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ parts on my 89

GinisKratos

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine is military and is going on a 4 year "vication" over seas. Germany i think. Anyways, he has a TJ he blew the tranny on, couldent sell it in time so its mine when he ships out.

My question is, what parts will i be able to toss on my XJ? If anything. Thanks guys :)

Ed

Depending on the year TJ and XJ, a lot of drive train parts trade across. Tires/wheels of course. Unless your jeep and his are pretty close in ave, most of the electronic accessories probably won't work right.

Question: If it just has a blown trans, why part it out? Swap in a new trans and wheel it in good weather(convertibles are cool!)

yeah seriously, there's not really anything desirable enough on a stock TJ to warrant parting it out if the only thing wrong with it is the blown tranny. give me the TJ and i'll give you my XJ... LOL j/k

Depending on the year TJ and XJ, a lot of drive train parts trade across. Tires/wheels of course. Unless your jeep and his are pretty close in ave, most of the electronic accessories probably won't work right.

Question: If it just has a blown trans, why part it out? Swap in a new trans and wheel it in good weather(convertibles are cool!)

XJ is an '89 and the TJ is a 97+
biggrin.gif

yeah, i was thinking about that also, just replace the trany or rebuild it if i can and just use it, its gota small lift and some after market parts, nothing to fancy, but still. I'llprobably end up fixing it and selling it to buy goodies for the xj :)

Back