• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ummm is it okay if flames shoot out of your.....

85cherokoholic

NAXJA Forum User
what does it mean if flames shoot out of your exhaust, and about 30 minutes before that it shot out of my carburetor, when it shot out of my carb i shut it off, then it didnt do it any more, then after 4 wheelin for 30 mins and my battery dieing, when i got it in the driveway my brother said that a flame shot out underneath... im assuming the exhaust, i have my exhaust cut all the near my header.... from where the headers are connected, theres apiipe still connected that basically points straight down, then thats it.... im doing some custom work on the exhaust so its that way until i get done...

is all these flames normal?????????????????:firedevil

okay, i had a friend at work said it was probably a back fire. on the carb and the exhaust pipes, but i figured i would ask someone who actually owns a jeep. thanks man

Backfire due to to much fuel or timing being off. out the back is not that big of a deal, out the carb is not good. That is definatly timing. if it is just a hickup once in a while is still not bad but if it is consistant there is a serious problem.

Back