• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday night photo show

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Hi all,

My my name is Andy Steiner and my screen name is Andy Steiner, but you can just call me... uh, Andy Steiner. I also answer to Andy, Hey You! and Douchebag.

Goatman has asked me do a photo show for the Friday night awards dinner.

I'd like to gather as many photos and some videos from people during the course of the week. I'll be arriving in Moab Saturday, October 4th and staying in Slickrock Campground. I'll be in my mothome parked in space #87, right across from Cabin #1. Just look for the Jeep with the purple bumpers.

Purpleyo.jpg

I'd like to ask all of you to come by nightly and allow me to copy your camera's digital card. I have a six was card reader so I should be able to read any format. I want to do this nightly, so I can edit through the photos as soon as possible. The event already has more than 120 registered vehicles so there's likely to be a lot a photos. I'll need to go through them nightly so that I don't keep too many pics and fill up my hard drive.

Sometime Friday, I'll create a video and or slideshow to entertain us at the dinner that night.

Thank you all for your help.

Andy, how about if we weed out the duds before we give them to you? I can drop off a CD Thursday or Friday that you can go through at your leisure. I have been shooting in camera raw format, I don't think you really want to wade through a bunch of 11.5mb files to find the good ones.

Thanks for volunteering for this, I am sure it will be a fun show with you at the projector! :)

Hi all,

... I also answer to Andy, Hey You! and Douchebag.

You forgot Chopped Liver :D

Do you have a firewire port, in case we get something good on our antique camcorder?

If not I could probably burn a DVD, but I'll be pretty busy drinking beer after the trails...

Andy, how about if we weed out the duds before we give them to you? I can drop off a CD Thursday or Friday that you can go through at your leisure. I have been shooting in camera raw format, I don't think you really want to wade through a bunch of 11.5mb files to find the good ones.

Sure, if you want to self edit, that's fine with me. But honestly, I'd rather do the choosing myself. Feel free to take out the really, really bad ones and all the out of focus shots. So, if you're shooting raw, and you have your laptop, please reformat the photos to 1280x1024 or 1024x768. Bring me the images on either a CD or thumb drive. I'd prefer a thumb drive as to not waste CDs.

I don't need super high quality images. We're just doing a photo show on a video projector.

BTW... here's what my motorhome looks like. Again, I'll be in space #87.
100_1085.jpg

If at all possible, I'd rather have your photos as soon as possible. That way, I'll have the time to create a cool video for the show.

Can you burn CD's while there?
Maybe a small fundraiser there?

Yes I can burn CDs or even DVDs. Great idea for a fund raiser. However, I might not have enough time in one day to burn enough DVDs to satisfy the demand of everybody there. AND... I don't have a any way of printing labels.

HOWEVER...

If we could get somebody to bring a couple hundred pre-printed CD labels with them to Moab and I could get 10 or more volunteers with capable laptops at the dinner on Friday to burn DVDs during the evening's festivities, we could make that idea for a fundraiser work. Unsold DVDs could go to the NAXJA Store.

Any volunteers?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Last edited:
You're welcome to anything I shoot (pictures, that is - don't get any ideas). Of course, with a 1.3MP camera packing a 256MB card I tend to get a little trigger happy.

Back