• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked Flexplate - Fixed

94CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know I hardly have much to post here so I just lurk and learn. But, i would like to share that I finally got my Jeep fixed.

Towed my buddies F550 with a scrapped armored car on the back down the highway to the truck stop (out of diesel), about 24,000lbs total. :shocked: Developed a slight knock shortly after. Would go away once a load was on the engine. Sadly I knew exactly what it was. Cracked flexplate! The one and only part I didn't change when I put the new engine in last fall.

Luckily I can have this engine out and on the stand in 2 hours flat now.

Here's what i found!

2835435288_7b94125b3f_o.jpg

2835434800_ea366c33c4_o.jpg

Another thing is the engine idles and revs much smoother. i credit that to the more stable CPS signal.

And no, i do not have photos but I have witnesses who saw it. Including the guy at the gas station who was laughing his ass off.

Well, he failed to mention he was on his way to the scrapper with a load when he called me. I didn't want to do it, but honestly most of us here would have done the same just for bragging rights. I don't have a 5 gallon can. His being a F550 has huge tanks and would take several gallons to prime the injector pump again. Luckily he had a heavy ass tow strap.

...,I didn't want to do it, but honestly most of us here would have done the same just for bragging rights,....
Ok, got me there. Somewhere, there is a pic of me towing a 26,000lb International dump truck with a CJ-5:laugh:
Live and learn.(Good luck with that!)

Back