• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Cherokee Laredo question

dennis461

NAXJA Forum User
1991 Cherokee Laredo question about overhead device.
What is this?
I was going to put a CB on the ceiling between the visors, but this factory installed device is in the way.

Anyone know what it is?
Burglar alarm?
I bought this rig used but the Haynes manual does not describe it.
It does not do anything that I can see.
It has a factory looking plug in the overhead and a printed circuit board.
677ohead-med.JPG

keyless entery its IR system have one on my 92 laredo .if you dont have a little black key pad about 1in by1 1/2 and about 3/8 thick gose on your key ring system is uless.and mine only work at about 10ft way anyway.they arent like the raido controll on the 96 and up they work up to about 50ft away I would just remove it if you need the space unplug the wires and tape them to make sure nothing shorts

Great thanks, next question.
Inside the rear hatch is an electric solenoid to unlock but I do not see a button on the dashboard like the Chevy Balzer had. Nothing in the glove box area.

Was the rear hatch remote unlock only (aside from the manual button on the outside.)
I'll probably run a bypass and put a button somewhere inside.
1991 Laredo

Hello glad that helped ,It locks and unlocks with the power door locks .switch on drivers side door.But you still have to open from the outside by pushing in on the button there is no way to open it from inside that would be nice to push a button and open the hatch from the drivers seat.

Back