• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" RC, what size tire?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
im just trying to see what size tire would be best for this size lift. some lifts set higher, like RE. i was wondering if this lift set higher than 4", and if it does would a tire like a 32" clear? i know a 31 would be ideal and flex pretty decent, but i have a line on a set of 32s in great shape i figured id ask.. if you have pics of this set up, please post up. havent installed it yet, but i cant wait. thanks guys!:yelclap:

Stick to 31's for the sake of gearing and rubbage.

I have had that kit with full leaf packs on for about 5 months. I went with 31's and they seem to be great, but MAYBE you could stuff some 32's in there with proper bumpstopping. Here's with the 31's, and this was before I bumpstopped.

I have the 3.5" RE Superflex kit on my 98 XJ Classic and just went from 31's to 33's. I trimmed about 1" to 1.25" off of the front and rear fenders and flexed it out last night. It still rubs, even with 2" bump stop extensions up front. I'm going to try and trim some more up front and maybe put some shackles on the rear and/or do spacers up front. Click on pics for bigger version.

I have a 98 with the 3in RC lift, Full packs. and with my sway bar out of the front I rub pretty bad with 30"s and 4.25 back spacing. Its manageable rubbing though, I only knocked one flair off and it really was falling off already. I still have stock bump stops, maybe if I got longer ones it would stop rubbing. well I know it would stop rubbing but idk if I would want to spent the money on them. Depends how and on what you wheel, I think if you did some fender trimming, got longer bump stops and didnt flex too much you could most likely fit 32s. The way I wheel I dont think I could, but thats me not you.

Here are some pics of mine

n5518453_36632526_1604.jpg

55473_view.jpg

71222_view.jpg

n5518453_37444320_8738.jpg

I still have stock bump stops, maybe if I got longer ones it would stop rubbing. well I know it would stop rubbing but idk if I would want to spent the money on them.

A couple hockey pucks, some epoxy/superglue, and maybe some degreaser to clean your axle pads should cost you less than 15$.

4.5" with 32x11.5 and I was able to drive it for about a week before I trimmed a bit in the front and rear of the front wheel wells.

Jeep_dirty8.jpg

detoursusa_bumper15.jpg

So based on my experience with my 1998, I'd say you MUST trim if you go 32" with a 3" lift.

i ran 31s and 32s on the rc lift. stick with 31s. it rubbed like a MF-er with 31s imagine the 32s. the 31s also popped off my flares and bent up my fenders. i say 31s with bumpstops.

Back