• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Swap?

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK I'm going to do the swap. My question is Can I do the steering now and then do the Knuckles and Brakes Later. The reason is I'm still collecting parts but I need to put in a new Tierod anyway. Bent on the trail.
I guess what I'm really asking is are the steering holes in the knuckles of the D-30 and the WJ the same distance apart? If so I can ream out the current knuckles and then put the new draglink Over and the tierod under for now. Hope this makes since:eeks1:

In short, no.

the WJ uses a crossover steering setup, that you can't bolt to your existing stuff.

steering.jpg

there's a difference between the hub/bearings between the two. IIRC you'll need about a 1/2" spacer between the knuckle and hub/bearing to get it right. other than that, the spline count/diameter and ball-joints work just fine.

you'll need to do the brakes at the same time, as the mounts are totally different between XJ30 and WJ.

there's a difference between the hub/bearings between the two. IIRC you'll need about a 1/2" spacer between the knuckle and hub/bearing to get it right. other than that, the spline count/diameter and ball-joints work just fine.

you'll need to do the brakes at the same time, as the mounts are totally different between XJ30 and WJ.

Its a lot more complicated than just that.. but no time to go into it.

Tomorrow maybe.

Back