• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Master Cylinder

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday my clutch cylinder began to leak onto the floor every time the clutch was pressed. My question is am i better off replacing the entire thing or is their a seal that i can replace.

TIA
Daniel

I'd just replace it. And replace it fast. Clutch fluid will destroy the fuse block below it.

Definitely replace it. And be careful about the cheap replacements. I've heard of guys going through a couple before they found one that doesn't suck in short order.
--Pete

Before you replace anything, make sure that the problem is not the seal under the cap on the master cylinder. if this is your problem, fluid is bypassing the seal under the cap when you press on the clutch. this seal sometimes gets saturated by brake fluid, when you replace the cap after adding fluid, the seal gets crimped and allows the bypass. Simple fix, replace the seal or the entire cap from a junkyard donor.

Back