• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help (making leafspring bushings now)

markg

NAXJA Forum User
is the front width of the rear spring 2.75 wide or 3 in wide?im modding some bushings to replace the clevite style and i just need to know the width of the front of the rear spring.

they are re springs but that shouldnt matter.actually i guess i just need to know the width of the sleeve that goes in the bushing.
thanks
mark

Should be 2.5" wide, thats the spring wide
Spring width and bushing width are two different things!
The rear is 2-3/4" wide.
The front is 3" wide.

thanks
i dont have my jeep here and just wanted to make up some bushings here at work.i also dont have the old ones out yet to measure.re gave me a pn for the clevite bushing and i crossed referenced it with a local spring manufaturer here in nj.he said the clevite # i gave him was 2.75 wide x 1.5 od x 9/16 thru.re said there were 2 different clevite #s for the rear springs but could not provide me with any info on sizes.if u are saying the front bushing is 3 in wide then he must have given me the wrong clevite # for the front of the spring.he prolly gave me the # for the rear of the spring.glad i didnt go ahead and finish them.

the other bushing that i suppose i need is a clevite rb 121 which seems to be 3.125 wide with a 2.00 in od. does this sound right?

Back