• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap question

Often the gear ratios will be different as well.

There are several different flavors of 8.8's. Rangers, Mustangs, CrownVics, Explorers, F150's(full width). I'm sure there are others.....

31 spline, 28 spline.....

What did your 8.8 come out of?

They would be different regardless of the engine thats in it.

huh?

I believe the V6 versions tend to have the more desirable ratio... 4.10

the ranger ones were 27 spline. they are still stronger then a d44 i believe. they also had the small tubes and no disc brakes. im still runing the eaton posi that they came with.. its works real well for me

Definately go with one out of a 96+ Exploder. Diff code should be 4L10 or 4L11, don't remember which... I think 4L10.

the ranger ones were 27 spline. they are still stronger then a d44 i believe. they also had the small tubes and no disc brakes. im still runing the eaton posi that they came with.. its works real well for me

Ranger 8.8's are 28 Spline. If you can find a Ranger 4x4 Level II rear end, they are 31 Spline with stock Torsen LSD. Those were still Ranger width though which is .75" narrower on each side than the Expo rear (depending on year, but I'm basing this on 96 and newer). However, they are much easier to set up with disk brakes vs the 28 spline units.

Back