• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat constantly blowing out...

Rynxprs

NAXJA Forum User
I did search but the only thread I found on it was from 2003 and all it said was that it was a vaccuum problem.

can someone elaborate on that?

you need to be more specific. is ur AC not working? or is it hot with just the fan on? or is it hot with fan off?

The AC jsut blows warm, not cold at all. It does blow though. The heat works though.

I'll check that out, 90xj06.

90xj06 said:
check the vacuum line going to the heater valve. if it breaks the heat stays on.

I that vacumn line breaks, or you eliminated the valve like I did, you get coolant flowing to the heater core all the time. The later XJs don't even have a heater valve. The blend door inside the dash should still be routing the air flow around the heater core though. This sounds more like a blend door problem.

Thats the same problem with mine... Ive kinda learned to deal with it but jeez it gets so hot in there, its like the air is always on and its always hot and it feels like its coming out of the "foot" vents...

swbooking said:
Thats the same problem with mine... Ive kinda learned to deal with it but jeez it gets so hot in there, its like the air is always on and its always hot and it feels like its coming out of the "foot" vents...

my 97 does the same shit, ive been dealing with it but one day ill get to it

jay97xj said:
my 97 does the same shit, ive been dealing with it but one day ill get to it
Seriously, it sucks to drive through 100* weather and have the freakin heater on the whole time!

i have the same problem but with a 90 integra

Back