• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD lift question

bc99xj

NAXJA Forum User
how big or what size lift would guys put on your xj's? OPINIONS

RE 3.5"!!! perfect compromise between DD and trailer queen! rides better then stock, great off road too

For DD I would not go over 3.5" lift. I went to 4.5" and if I could do it again I would do 3.5" max. 31" tires.

2 cents.

my 3.5" has allowed me to do stuff step by step, cause i dont have much money to work with. first the lift, then the tires (32" by the way), then a SYE.

I have had a 3" lift on my 99 DD for almost 2 years now and love it. That considered, if a 4.5" lift is set up adequately, it'll work too. Properly setup is key when building a primarily DD though. If you step up to 4.5" and you're driving it daily, things like long arms, adjustable track bar, slip yoke eliminator, swaybar disconnects and deeper gears become a necessity.

One more vote for 3 1/2" & 31s or even 32s. XJs are still civilized at 3 1/2". We've got a 3 1/2" and an almost 5" in my family, both dds & untill I took the rear swaybar off my 3 1/2" lifted rig drove better than stock while the the taller one is turning into a trail rig. It drives like you'd expect a jacked up Jeep to.

I dont think it matters,as long as you do it with quality parts(and correctly set up)! Ive been running a 6" lift for over 7 years,it still drives better than stock and I hardly ever run my front sway bar.

I started off with 3", then 4.5", then 5.5", then 6.5".. I DD'd at 7" and 35's for about 2 years before I bought a civic. I was getting ~17-22 mpg and had a comfortable ride, but with not very many strait body panels left the girlfriend didnt like taking it out on date nite. :)

I don't think it was the Jeep.

I don't think it was the Jeep.

asshole.jpg

That hurt!

12" springs with stock LCA's

Back