• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK D44 gears in XJ D44

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched but i "jk D44" doesnt work.

I have a friend who is puting gears in his JK. he had the factory 4.10's and i was wondering will his R&P will fit in my XJ d44.

thanks for all your help.
if there is a thread already about this please lead me there.

thanks,
josh

Nope, the ring and pinion in the new JK is thicker than those found in Dana 44's. The Dana 44 found in the JK was initially going to be called a Dana 45 but they decided to go with a designation that wheelers were familiar with. Strength wise they are somewhere between a Dana 44 and Dana 60. I have a set of these axles under my Mitsubishi Pickup and they are stout for smaller applications. You can get Ring and Pinion sets for around $250 but you will also need a bearing kit because the bearing off of these axles cannot be reused due to the design of the axle. Also I would recommend that you get a good high quality ring and pinion set that does not require lots of shims. If I were your friend I would get the 5.13's and never look back, that seems to be the gear set that most JKer's are going with including myself. Laastly, most website dont list these ring and pinions but they do stock them so just give Yukon Gear or Superior a call. They will set you up.

Back