• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't get my front end right!

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
So i got 4.5" coils, 1.5" spacers, and upper/lower adjustable control arms. an extended length track bar w/ factory frame mount, all except spacers are from rough country.

i've had problems ever since the installation of the kit with lining up my coils with the bumpstops and coil buckets so everythings straight and the axles directly under the jeep where it should be. right now my control arms are at 18" eye to eye for the lowers, and 17" for the uppers. here's my problem:

Driver Side:
IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

i don't know if you can see it, but the coil seems to be tilting back near the bottom, and also compressing more towards the inside of the truck and making the middle of the coil protrude out!

Passenger Side

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

so i think its either my control arms are out of whack again but i dunno how considering i did each side to match the other, maybe a bit longer than specified but definitley the same exact length. or i was thinking the trackbar i got with my 4.5" rough country x-series kit cant handle the spacer adding a little heigth. what do you guys think? death wobble is brutal below 40 then it smooths out.

Last edited:
Someone should have some help...

I'm having a similar problem at the moment...

ive honestly called rough country techs for control arm lengths and theyre all WAY too short to center my coil up and have my caster angle correct.

I don't know what the problem is buy my bumpstop on the passenger side is out of line like yours in the pic after my lift. Driver's side is fine. Haven't done an alignment yet, but mine rides super smooth still so I'm just leaving it as it is.

You wont be able to have correct caster with a lift on. If you do, after you drive it you will have vibrations in your front driveshaft. For the most part you need to get your toe set correctly, and then get your pinion at the right angle keeping your caster as *close to stock spec as you can. As for the control arm lengths, I dont see a problem really unless your talking about the bumpstop hitting the coil, if so its your lower control arms that need to be lengthened a bit not the upper. If you have fixed lowers then you need to add a shim in on the frame side of the control arm bracket.

its hard to tell with those pictures, but the trackbar looks too short.

Back