• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding sleeve on a disco dana 30

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
id like t weld the sleev that engages 4wd...i swap this axle under my 00', anyways, how well will this hold up and how would i get that shaft out after welding its on the splines?!

If you dont mind me asking why did you swap out the axle.. you looking for a HP D30?

well i had an hp dana 30 from a newer jeep but it was involved in a double roll over at 55+ MPH... so when the unit bearing blew i got this 88' hp disco dana 30 for FREE!! so i said the hell with it ill sawp it in and later im goin to swap to the one piece shafts... but i was just wonderin cuz im goin to the desert in a week and a half and dont wanna be wheelin and have if pop out of 4wd!!!

Use the washer trick to shim the fork over:
008.jpg

ya i like that but i wondering how do ya get the fork out for it?! thanks!

ya i like that but i wondering how do ya get the fork out for it?! thanks!

There are three C clips that hold the shaft thing in. Pull those, and that shaft will come out, and the fork will come out as well. Reassemble with new "hardware" and put back together.

Worked for me for almost two years, although I cant take credit for doing it.

ill give that a try! thanks!

Back