• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheapest good track bar for ~7" of lift?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at the rubicon express superflex one w/ bracket, the 1660 but im trying to find something cheaper - any ideas? by the way, don't even bring up rusty's track bars in this thread, i dont want one nor do i want to argue with anyone as to why i dont haha. thanks guys!

Yeah the RK looks great, from what ive read its quite a bit beefier than hte RE1660. Its about the same price for what i can get them for, but the RK says it can run up to 8" of lift which i like hearing, the RE1660 says 4-6" though. I do like that hte RE1660 has a super flex joint, but the bottom bushing worries me because if i am correct the axle end bushing on hte Rubicon Express trackbars are the same, whether it be the 1600 or 1660, i have the 1600 under there now and that bushing is lose and needs to be replaced, this contributed to some serious death wobble for me, so i am questioning going with RE again for a track bar, i want a STIFF bushing in there - can any one give me any info on how tough the bushing of hte RK track bar is? I dont care about ride quality, at least not in that location.

One thing that worries me is ill be using a 4" drop pitman arm, but the RK i heard is supposed to be run with a stock pitman arm?????? What the hell? Im going to be running JCR Under the Knuckle steering... any input here???? Or on the bushing......

The RE1660 is a good trackbar.
I'd be willing to wager some cash that if you are going to have issues with the bushing on the RE bar, you'll have those same issues with the RK version. To me a heim on the trackbar isn't the best for a DD XJ, but to each his own. Either should hold up just about the same. I think the real difference is going to come down to the heim or flex joint on the frame end.

Oh and FYI on Motion Offroad: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=964433&highlight=motion+offroad

The RE1660 is a good trackbar.
I'd be willing to wager some cash that if you are going to have issues with the bushing on the RE bar, you'll have those same issues with the RK version. To me a heim on the trackbar isn't the best for a DD XJ, but to each his own. Either should hold up just about the same. I think the real difference is going to come down to the heim or flex joint on the frame end.

Oh and FYI on Motion Offroad: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=964433&highlight=motion+offroad

Wow just checked out that thread, looks like ill try to stay away from them. And yes, i do really like the super flex joint, but i thought that would be more of an offroad advantage? Also that track bar is rated for about 6" of lift max but ill be running about ~7"ish.... would it be safe to run that track bar? Anyone know if i can run the RK track bar with a dropped pitman arm? I saw they said you should use stock pitman arm, btw i have JCR 1 ton UTK....

At 7ish" of lift, you probably should be running an over the axle track bar anyway. I can't see how the angles of your steering would be even close to good with that much lift.

Okay so given high lift which track bar would be more appropriate?

You might not like this idea, but at that height... make your own.
If not, the JKS OAB and a good trackbar (RE, RK, JKS) should be the ticket. Be careful not to order a trackbar that is too long if you use the OAB.

ha ha yeah that wasn't what i wanted to hear, please understand i have limited capabilities right now. For the time being, which track bar would be more suitable, this is a daily driver and most likely wont be offroaded for a very long time.

ha ha yeah that wasn't what i wanted to hear, please understand i have limited capabilities right now. For the time being, which track bar would be more suitable, this is a daily driver and most likely wont be offroaded for a very long time.

Saying that, do you need 7ish" of lift?
Lowering it down to 5.5" or so will definitely help the selection, if it is possible.

i can lower it down to about ~6". i have 6.5" rustys springs about to do in, but a bumper/winch that weighed (at least my last springs..) down my springs 1.5" so i had a spacer to compensate. If worse comes to worse ill leave the spacer out. Im leaning towards the RE track bar because its desinged to be used with a drop pitman arm i think and also b/c of the super flex joint

I'm running the RE 1660 & bracket. I hate the axle side bushing. I've replaced it once already and it won't be long before it's time again.
That being said it's beefy and it does have the Sf joint which is much nicer than that TRE.
My next one will be a home fab job. JJ frame side and a nice once piece bushing at the axle.

whats JJ the frame side mean? But as far as how if functions with the lift, what would you say? Running JCR steering, do you guys think i should use a 4" drop pitman or a stock pitman

whats JJ the frame side mean? But as far as how if functions with the lift, what would you say? Running JCR steering, do you guys think i should use a 4" drop pitman or a stock pitman

Sorry, Johnny Joint at the fame side of the track bar.

It performs fine. I shortened mine to run it above the axle. It flexes very nice.
The only trouble I've had is that the bracket seems to come loose when in the rocks. I'm sure it's only mine that does this because I have not heard of anyone else having this problem.

You should be fine with the stock pitman arm. Thats what I'm running but it all depends on your angles when you're done.

Oh jonny joint that would be a great idea, those are a lot like superflex joints.

Anyway the thing is that I have a 4" drop pitman arm from my rubicon express lift so thats why i was wondering.... i think im going to run it anyway since im setting my JCR up as UTK its gonna be pretty far from the pitman arm as is, so a drop will help out with the angles. Should that 1660 track bar be okay at 7" of lift? Because i have about 5" right now on a 1600 track bar...

The only trouble I've had is that the bracket seems to come loose when in the rocks. I'm sure it's only mine that does this because I have not heard of anyone else having this problem.

You should be fine with the stock pitman arm. Thats what I'm running but it all depends on your angles when you're done.

Nope, lots of people have that same problem with multiple brands.

Like most other people I threw a couple beads between the mount and the frame.

No more creaking, sliding around, or general getting pissed.

Nope, lots of people have that same problem with multiple brands.

Like most other people I threw a couple beads between the mount and the frame.

No more creaking, sliding around, or general getting pissed.

Good to hear, I guess..lol
I just put a couple tacks in that center hole on the RE bracket. I should have gone all the way around it though because it still shifts.

Anyway the thing is that I have a 4" drop pitman arm from my rubicon express lift so thats why i was wondering.... i think im going to run it anyway since im setting my JCR up as UTK its gonna be pretty far from the pitman arm as is, so a drop will help out with the angles. Should that 1660 track bar be okay at 7" of lift? Because i have about 5" right now on a 1600 track bar...

The angles you want to look at are the drag link and track bar. You want them to be parallel. You might have to run the stock P-arm. Maybe, maybe not.

I can't tell you if the bar will work with ~7". They have a good bit of adjustability but you don't want a bunch of thread showing. I'd call RE and ask.

Back