• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what coil will lift about 5"

proskier101

NAXJA Forum User
What coil from ANY truck will lift a XJ to 5.5" about. the stiffer the better. I may have an impending move and i cant ren a sway bar on my axle. so the spring will compensate. I will also be pulling a trailer. These will only be temperary. so no flameing or discussion on flexing ans crap like that.

I have a mj/xj bastard pack rear with some shackles so the rear is taken care of.

I was thinking of some stock F150 or F250 spring or something of that sorts. anyone know what combo will net me about that. 4.5" will do also as i could use spacers.

79 & earlier 2wd F150 coils gave me about 2 1/2" to 3". An F250 coil will supposedly give an F150 4wd 1" of lift, so if the F150 4wd coils are taller than the 2wd they might work for you. The F150 coils & a bb spacer give my son 4 3/4" of lift in his 95 XJ & it works pretty good except for the clunk from the spacers.

79 & earlier 2wd F150 coils gave me about 2 1/2" to 3". An F250 coil will supposedly give an F150 4wd 1" of lift, so if the F150 4wd coils are taller than the 2wd they might work for you. The F150 coils & a bb spacer give my son 4 3/4" of lift in his 95 XJ & it works pretty good except for the clunk from the spacers.

thanks i just spent 20 min on google trying to find that info and couldnt:doh:.. ill try and snag some F250 from a JY to test.

Back