• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Alloy Shaft U-Joint Question

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
This is not for one of my 4 XJ's but for my CJ7 Trail Rig.

I'm running a 258, T19/D300, 33x12.5 BFG/MT's, F250 power steering pump and. . . my weak link is the 4.11/Dana30/Lock-right/SuperWinch hubs. I'm running big rocks, and twisty ravines, at most, it see's 100 miles of pavement a month (with the hubs unlocked).

After breaking several Dana 30 axle U-joints, I'm looking at upgrading to a set of alloy shafts and wondering if I should drop an extra $100 to upgrade to Super Joints with a lifetime warranty? Is a hub or carrier gonna blow way before the standard 760 joint breaks? (Long term plan is a front Dana44. . .)

IntrepidXJ said:
most alloy shafts come with a warranty. however, if the ujoint fails and takes the shaft out, they are not covered. i would get the upgraded ujoint

If you have an Alloy USA kit, that comes assembled with Spicer joints, and the u-joint breaks and takes out the axles it is still covered under warranty. The only other joint they will cover if it breaks and takes out the axles is CTM. Don't ask me how I know. :shocked:

-Mike

Are you talking about the new Alloy USA ujoint? I have a prototype set of the first gen. joints. they feature a cold forged 8620 trunion, hardend needle barrings, serivicable caps and come with a three year warranty. Not sure what they are retailing for, but seem to be a good alternative for DD or someone who doesnt want to drop the cash on super joints.

jrsxj98 said:
Are you talking about the new Alloy USA ujoint? I have a prototype set of the first gen. joints. they feature a cold forged 8620 trunion, hardend needle barrings, serivicable caps and come with a three year warranty. Not sure what they are retailing for, but seem to be a good alternative for DD or someone who doesnt want to drop the cash on super joints.

I was not. But that will be another option available soon. Thanks.

-Mike

Back