• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.O.R.E. Motor Mounts

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
so im finally going to replace my old stock motor mounts. It seems like most people are recommending M.O.R.E. motor mounts. What other ones out there are any good?....

i saw them listed at $78 and $129 a pair. whats the difference in the two. one said "there will be noticable engine vibes". Is there anywhere cheaper i can get them?
is that all i need is the mounts. because i saw some other brackets they were selling.
well, thanks for your help.
have a great day.
----chris

Yup theres others.

Currie
Brown Dog
OEM

I have Currie ones in mine and they've been great no problems and the vibes arent noticeable IMO.

couldn't be happier. noticeable vibes for the first bit, my motor no longer hops about!

I'm thinking about replacing my 6 month old MORE motor mounts wit OEM mounts because the MORE mounts VIBRATE like crazy.

I'm not bashing the MORE mounts; yhis is just my experience.

E

I'm thinking about replacing my 6 month old MORE motor mounts wit OEM mounts because the MORE mounts VIBRATE like crazy.

I'm not bashing the MORE mounts; yhis is just my experience.

E

Really Elias? Maybe you should wheel your Jeep some more. :gag: Let me know if you wanna sell them. I could use them on the MJ.

When I put my MORE mounts in the XJ last year, I had some minor vibes. Then they next day, I drove down to SD and back. And I haven't felt any vibes since.

Pretty easy to just make your own.

For the motor mounts, just used Jeep control arm bushings... couple bucks worth of steel.

Tranny mount took a little more effort. It's a 93 Mustang rear LCA bushing (smaller diameter) than the Jeep bushings. Felt it important to lock down tranny as well and both engine mounts.

There's more vibes transfered. But engine / tranny is solid. Hey. ain't it a Jeep anyway?

bombproof5.jpg

tranny2.jpg

Really Elias? Maybe you should wheel your Jeep some more. :gag: Let me know if you wanna sell them. I could use them on the MJ.

When I put my MORE mounts in the XJ last year, I had some minor vibes. Then they next day, I drove down to SD and back. And I haven't felt any vibes since.

LOL... :twak: No, really, :twak: :D

You'll be the first to know. Seriously, I've been putting a lot of effort into making my '99 XJ not be my DD anymore. ;) If I can make that happen sooner vs later, then I'll just leave the mounts in.

E

I put in a set of M.O.R.E. bombproofs several years ago. It was a daily driver around Chicago for at least 2 or 3 years with the bombproofs. A little buzzy at idle, but anything over that was no problem.

I put in a set of M.O.R.E. bombproofs several years ago. It was a daily driver around Chicago for at least 2 or 3 years with the bombproofs. A little buzzy at idle, but anything over that was no problem.

I was regretting the decision at first, after some driving and wheeling, I loosened them off ,and retorqued everything. They are quite liveable. I drive mine everyday.

they're all pretty similar. I run the rawbrown ones.

You get a LOT more vibes at first, less as they start to break in, but also you get used to them and it seems like less. If i get into an XJ with OEM mounts, I notice how much smoother it is .. but i'd buy them again.

Back