• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine swap

You will have to use your '91 sensors and injectors. You will have to use the '98 power steering pump and bracket. The belt routing will be different. You will lose the coolant gauge sender unless you make a hole for it somewhere.

The 91 is an HO not a Renix.

Here's the deal. I think I can get 4 brand new skyjacker shocks to fit my lift instead of the engine.

My 91 motor has a pretty loud knock and is just loud in general.

Not quit sure what to do here. The 98 has been sitting for at least a year and has 120,000 miles on it. He said it ran really well when it was parked though. Would it be better for me to just fix the knock in my motor and take the shocks instead? Or should I just skip the shocks and take the motor?

I don't any Jeepin' friends I can show the Jeep to or ask for advice where I live, so I ask it here. Thanks.

Oh, forgot to mention, I have not been very good to this motor. I let it run REALLY low on oil a few times, like a gallon low. It still runs pretty good, it just has a pretty good knoxking that gets quieter as the engine warms up.

I just traded a $300 stereo system for the rear 8.25, which I figured was worth about 50-75 bucks. I'm also getting the head liner with the integrated sound bar, and the front axle shafts. I feel like I need to get more so that it's an even trade.

What do you guys think? I am a errible deal maker, I always end up with the worse deal.

Back