• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of grease for BB

gigage

NAXJA Forum User
Could anyone tell me what kind of grease would be best to use on the shackles that come with a BB from daystar?

Daystar Lubrathane Poly Lube
KU11004.jpg

:dunno:

skyjackedxj96 said:
Uhhhhhhh if you put regular grease on poly it will squeek tard. POLY LUBE
Please don't speak unless you know what the hell you are talking about.

Poly is prone to squeaking no matter what. Some bushings are better designed then others with grooves to keep grease in. If they aren't, then the grease can't get around as far, so they squeak. It has very little to do with regular or poly grease...but what the hell do I know...I'm just speaking from experience and working on cars for a living.

a lot of cars have poly shackles huh

He said whats the BEST grease. Please just don't speak

Thanks for the response, I knew there was poly grease from daystar. But I didn't order that when I got the kit, so I was actually wondering if there was a good alternative from maybe auto zone etc. And my other ? would be do you grease like anything else, until you can see it?

i had poly shackles on the yj (fitting on the bolt head which runs out the middle of the bolt) and used regular autozone stuff and they squeeked about 2 days later. i then got some poly lube from quatdratec and pumped it in till it oozed out. so yes. i over greased them to get all the old stuff out. the poly lube lasts a lot longer and dont get the annoying squeek. its pricy but the regular mineral grease will just eat the polyurethane. they synthetic is def. worth it.

They sell that exact little grease gun with grease for $10.00 at sears in the auto center. So if thats what you want to use use it. Cheap and comes with the little gun. Personally, I dont think it makes a difference as long as its grease, marine would be good because its water proof. Otherwise use what you got.
-Steve D.

StuckXJ said:
They sell that exact little grease gun with grease for $10.00 at sears in the auto center.

No, they don't.

maybe the gun, but not the grease.

JeffsJeep04 said:
If you want to use poly grease, most auto parts stores carry it.

Thanks for the info. I'll try AZ, I'll probably do the install this weekend. I appreciate having this site to refer to it really helps.

Back