• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fluctuating temperature

Backroads

NAXJA Forum User
94 I6 auto 242tc

I figured I'd post and ask about this since this time it was pretty un called for!

I replaced my rad maybe 2-3K ago after it started to leak at the end caps. Everything has been all good after that (aside from other problems) But ever since my temp gauge seems to fluctuate. Not very extreme, but it will go from 210 or a tad over, then drop down to what would seem like around 180 or so. Back and forth with no real change in driving (even so on straight flat roads)

Now this morning, its just a little over 40*F out, driving to work and temp climbed to above 210 until the fan kicked on, then immediately dropped to below 210 to the 180 or so and stayed between that and normal temp of around 210. It always seems to fluctuate like that, but until this past week its been 80-90* out. So with the outside air being so much cooler I wouldnt expect it to peak like that....is that air in the system or what?

Last edited:
Back