• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removed anti-lock gidgets 91

my77gmc

NAXJA Forum User
the po removed the antilock brake stuff on the firewall...being this is lifetime recall or whatever...can i still get this fixed right for free? other than that being that stuffs missing would that cause my cruise control to not work? what else isnt working right due to the missing pieces? is there a way to make the cruise work? chiltons suck, are the wiring diagrams better in the factory manuals?

Does it have a vacuum booster? If so they've replaced the braking system. The 91 had a hydroboost pump on the passenger side, some plumbing that ran the firewall over to this massive mastercyl/abs unit. The whole system was a POS, and for liability reasons, that's why Chrysler did a lifetime warranty on it. You are really better off with standard braking over that pile.

Here's some pics from when I ripped mine out.

http://wolfenet.org/gallery2/v/Jeep/xj/brakeupgrade/

Mark you wouldn't happen to still have the accumulator???

The dealer will still work on it being a no hassle warranty.I just got mine done but the accumulator is not covered. This also might do better in OEM.

Sean

I think I do, but not sure if it's any good. It kept tossing abs lights, and the system went to full manual. I didn't want to throw the accum. away as it's "high pressure". I'll take a look today when I clean the garage. Pay shipping and it's yours. PM me.

it has a vacuum booster...good to know im better off...the brakes work fine, i just want my cruise control to work. im missing the vacuum canister in the bumper so im gonna make a new one for the time being.

Last edited:
Back