• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Diff cover

Jeepxj13

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to buy a diff cover for the front and just wanted some input into what would be a better one a solid one or one that just bolts to the bottom of the diff

are you wanting looks or strength? The Warn diff guard is pretty good, but if you want strength, you need to get a full cover like from RuffStuff Specialties or SOLID. I have a SOLID brand cover on my D30 and have bashed it into quite a few rocks. :)

I would go with a solid one ( I really like the new ARB cover ) keeps the housing flex to a minimum.

.50 BMG would

:D
OK, maybe......but anything smaller would just bounce off of it.

Ruff Stuff covers are pure beef. Dan is great to work with and, Ruff Suff is a NAXJA sponsor.
:thumbup::thumbup:

I've beat mine several times and it's held up great.

www.ruffstuffspecialties.com

I've got a shoot coming up in a couple of weeks. I wonder if Dan would send me one or two for bulletproof certification. :D
JP had an article along those lines awhile back. I was disappointed that there was no Ruff Stuff cover in their "testing".

Oh Daaannnn!:wave:

We weren't invited, kind of bothered me at the time......I think the glo cover would have won with the 1/2" plate they put on it but I think thats why we weren't invited in the first place, we are the strongest in standard form easily......and that article was a friend of a friend kind of thing with who was invited.

We actually have tested a couple of demos with a big rifle, one of my employees stole it and shot it up a bit.....I will take some pics tommorrow for you guys. He was able to penetrate it with the SKS & .308 when he got within 30' and hit it dead on center, only small impact marks from 60' and beyond.....

We actually have tested a couple of demos with a big rifle, one of my employees stole it and shot it up a bit.....I will take some pics tommorrow for you guys. He was able to penetrate it with the SKS & .308 when he got within 30' and hit it dead on center, only small impact marks from 60' and beyond.....

Very cool! Can't wait to see pics. :D:D:D

Ha, no testing with the .50 BMG since they're in the PRK and that gun is illegal here.

Dan: Just sent a question about clearing the JCR UTK steering.

Back