• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 cherokee tail light question

Rockken

NAXJA Member # 1674
I have an 88 cherokee that has been chopped. I want to add tail lights and need to know a few things. There are two bulbs in each tail light, I need to know if one of the bulbs is used for the tail light and the other is for the brake/blinker, or if there is a different configuration for tail light, brake and turn signal. I also need to know which side of the dash the wiring for the tail lights is on. All the original wiring to the back has been stripped out.

Thanks

There are 3 bulbs in my 95. Brake, Tailight, Reverse. But, I have housings from a 88 Waggy on it that had 4 bulbs?!!? I just switched the bulbs out. So I'm guessing older models used a seperate light for the brake and blinker, but newer pre 97s have a dual blinker and brake. I would just tie the wiring in together on the bulb if 88 Cherokee tails have 4 bulbs like Waggy lights do.

Back