• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country rock sliders?

NJblackdeath4x4

NAXJA Forum User
is anybody running the rough country rock sliders on their xj? im on the market for a set but im not sure which ones are better than others

This has came up atleast 5 times in the past few weeks. Just try to search first before asking.

n1395120502_30282633_7333.jpg

jcr offroad
ajs armor
tnt!
all from companies with better parts than rc

Call rough country, They have great parts.. Some people like to Bitch about what they don't know or like... I have heard that the rails are nice.... Yes i run R C lift, i think it is too soft.. But thats just me....Do a search on rough country.. You will have alot to read...

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah jcr is good. but you will be waiting a longggg time on those sliders i think haha. theyre only $235 and give you the regular slider protection plus they have an extended bar to protect your sheetmetal from trees and stuff. In additon they dont just attatch to the unibody "rails" but also attatch to the inside of hte rockers, thus holding both the main frame area and the rocker/body panel area rigidly together so they offer a great frame stiffening effect.

well when u do get sliders give me pm we can put them one at my job we have more tools than god

RC does a good job on their customer service I think, however I wouldnt buy their sliders as I don't believe the mount to the pinch seam (this is what makes a slider strong).

I personally recommend JCR for sliders as I bought some from them, got them a little over a month later (in mid summer!) and he provided great customer service!

~Scott

AJ's can'yt do any thing, chit i waited for 5 or 6 months.. Do you know if he is open after the flood??????????????????

hastahastahasta

I think that horse is dead, dead and oh yeah...... dead. While it may give you some sort of strange satisfaction to constantly bash me, it serves absolutely no purpose. Life is crazy and sometimes things happen that are out of a person's control and the best I can do is live and learn from it.

FYI, we recovered from the floods yes, thanks for your concern.:rolleyes:

We're on a 1 week lead time MAX for our rockrails and currently have the SuperRails on sale for $280 shipped. Heck if he ordered tomorrow I'd have a set ready to send out Tuesday. :yelclap:

You can please some of the people some of the time but.....you can't please all of the people all of the time.

:D

Personally, i would say OTR Fabs does an awesome Job!

It's Hales quote on this thread! :D

I, unlike half the bashers on here, have indeed ran the RC rock rails. And my personal experience is as follows:

They do not mount to the pinch seam, thus causing them to be not as rigid as others that mount to the seam. They are made out of a fairly thin walled tube that will bend if put to the test. I bent one of mine last year at Winterfest. The fit and finish is great and if your more of a mallcrawler, they are great. I swapped mine out for a set of JCR stage 2 sliders and have beat the holy hell out of them since and not caused any damage beyond scratched up paint. I dont have experience with AJ's rails, but I have a set of tube doors that he made and I can tell you that the quality is there. If I had not got a great deal on the JCR sliders (some parts trading with another wheeler)I would have ordered from AJ. It has been covered so many freakin' times about RC being crap blah blah blah..... They make good parts for the money, yes you can get better parts for more money, but it all depends on what you want to do with your rig and what your budget is.

OUT!-

Back