• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil cooler question

buster cherry

NAXJA Forum User
i picked up oil cooler for my 91. has anyone put one on their cherokee and had any adverse problems with mounting it up front of the radiator. has anyone mounted it else where using an electric fan. i know it should be straight forward but i tend to over think things so please help me out thanks in advance

Do you mean "transmission cooler"?

If so, it's really an easy install. I put in a heavy duty cooler and a gauge in mine. Short afternoon project.

If you meant "engine oil" cooler I dunno. Don't know how you'd plumb that in.

i think you are going to need one of those oil filter adapter things that screws in to the filter hole - has 2 lines going out and then the filter screws directly on top of it... the two lines out - one goes to the cooler and the other is the return... i think this is 1 way to do it... i could be wrong though

i think you are going to need one of those oil filter adapter things that screws in to the filter hole - has 2 lines going out and then the filter screws directly on top of it... the two lines out - one goes to the cooler and the other is the return... i think this is 1 way to do it... i could be wrong though

this is what i got but i am concerned about mounting this up in front of the radiator. was hoping someone might be able to suggest a different mounting spot . does anyone use one of these. i also have a transmission cooler to mount.

I put mine in front of the radiator, works great, stroker likes it a lot

put the trans cooler right beside it. trans on drivers side, oil on passengers side

Back