• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 4.0 Exhaust down pipe good size dent

RangerRick

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ has a RE4.5 lift 1st off. I travel 4+ trails often. I noticed that the down pipe has a large dent in it caused by some part of the left upper control arm hitting it. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it? I haven't had any luck in the search area. I'd like to replace the pipe to help the mileage but need to track down the fix first.

mine looks the same, about half dented in, my buddy always said it must have been a rock, yet it's so far tucked up in there,
then i realized the front driveshaft wasn't stock

SPOBI. Stock dent just after the collector on the factory header. The factory made it.

As seen here on my junk too. Yours look the same?

100_2522.jpg

Last edited:
yup it is factory has anyone replaced theres? i plan to when i am home from school this winter, and i want to do it with 2.5 tubing to the cat and then i have a hihgflow cat and a2.5 inch catback

yep call Pacesetter and order there header/downtube kit. Replaces the manifold with a true longer tube header and down tube with mandrel bent tube sections all the way to the Cat, eliminating the factory set-up completely. All for just under $250 shipped to your door.

CartsXJ said:
yep call Pacesetter and order there header/downtube kit. Replaces the manifold with a true longer tube header and down tube with mandrel bent tube sections all the way to the Cat, eliminating the factory set-up completely. All for just under $250 shipped to your door.
where do you see that..

70-1191 87-93 Jeep Cherokee, Comanche, 4.0L 334.95$
70-1192 94-99 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L w/o pre-cat 334.95 $

Go to ebay and search for cherokee or 4.0L headers. It will give you a list and and buy it now price of $217, $360 for ceramic coating.

Back