• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Swing Voters"

muduck18

NAXJA Forum User
Swingers?:conceited

I would like to know How many people are really on the fence about this one...
I am sure this thread will either die, or Spider web in to reasons to fling shit over the fence...

But I am really curious what the percentage of swing voters are, here on Naxja and the people that Naxja People know...

My cousin is the only person I can think of that might go either way...
the rest of my friends and family are either dems or republicans... or have already decided that they will/wont' vote for a person...

any thoughts?

Most of my family is independent. They usually don't make a decision until after the debates and if by then they aren't decided they do more research on their own. There is a lot that can happen between now and November. Right now though, they are leaning towards Obama.

That is a big concern with Nader in the race that he will upset the vote so that the real candidates have to struggle for the votes he is causing to be wasted on him.

That is a big concern with Nader in the race that he will upset the vote so that the real candidates have to struggle for the votes he is causing to be wasted on him.

Naw, the only "Real" canidate isn't worried at all about Nader. He will only take votes away from that phony piece of shit thats running. :D

I agree, Nader has no chance yet he is on the ballot in most states again, I think he just likes to see the chaos that him being on there brings!

I agree, Nader has no chance yet he is on the ballot in most states again, I think he just likes to see the chaos that him being on there brings!

You are probably right Heavy but he will strip the votes from the other two and may make it closer than it needs to be. That is my only concern.

Like a few people I know, I'm still undecided. A lot of what Obama says sounds pretty good, but there's been no substance. I also like some of what McCain has to say. Palin's against big oil? Alaska is big oil. They produce 650,000 bbl of oil every day.

I caught part of the discussions or whatever on CNN last week, but I was also busy studying so I didn't catch it all. I did hear McCain say something about possibly having a cabinet type position, public/civil service?, for Obama if he (McCain) was to win. Not entirely sure of the context, but that part caught my ear. Just goes to show that JM is less right than Obama is left, and willing to reach across the aisle to get things done.

McCain caused a rucus when he told Iowans that he won't subsidize corn ethanol, good. A lot of the arguments about ethanol's shortcomings go away when oil goes over something like $90/bbl. I did a lot of research of the topic for a school project and still don't understand all of the economics under it. There's tons of money in it for both producers and farmers without gov't. assistance. I still disagree with turning food into fuel though. Cellulosic ethanol is still several years away.

Apparently Obama outlined come of his economic plans during his speech in Golden. I have yet to read into it yet though.

They could make Obama the "Minister of Change"...

I dont know how I am voting yet... I dislike a few things about both, and like a few things about both.

I have yet to find a single thing about Obama that I like or agree with....other than when he shuts his mouth, I think it should stay that way.

I have yet to find a single thing about Obama that I like or agree with....other than when he shuts his mouth, I think it should stay that way.

Now thats one hell of a sig sir... Hurry up or i'm going to take it... IF thats ok with you.. I know a person i could piss off with this one..

Apparently Obama outlined come of his economic plans during his speech in Golden.
Speaking of economic plans... While he was in Golden, CO, he claimed to have outlined the economic plan that formed the basis for a bipartisan stimulus package passed earlier this year. The only problem? It's not true. Even his fellow Democrats admit this fact. Yesterday, McCain said Obama "claimed that the Congressional stimulus package was his idea. That’s news to those of us in Congress who supported it. Senator Obama didn’t even show up to vote." How nice...he didn't even show up to vote on something he supposedly crafted. :rolleyes:

Some of the media are saying that Obama is guilty of inflating his role in the creation of that bill. Let's call it for what it is: He lied! Again!

Now thats one hell of a sig sir... Hurry up or i'm going to take it... IF thats ok with you.. I know a person i could piss off with this one..

By all means, take it!!!

Figured I would drudge this one out of the depts and see if any one had changed thier feelings on who to vote for...

any change?
any one still on the fence?

any one still on the fence?

I am. I took the tilted test RichP put up. 52% Obama, 48% McCain

Last Presidential election I didn't decide until I was driving home from work and listened to the sound bites on the radio. The reporters were interviewing both candidates as they left "their" voting booth. President George Bush stated we're both good candidates, but with me you know what you are getting. He's right, I did know. I knew I didn't like him, still don't, but I knew what I would be getting when I voted for him 10 minutes later.

In my opinion both Candidates have admirable qualities, both have flaws. I like Senator McCain a lot less since the convention, he has bought into the party line and is not so much of a "maverick" anymore. Senator Obama has some good ideas, but some of his goals/ideas appear unrealistic. Let's face facts, us guys making $75K-125K will not get the tax breaks no matter who is in.

A year ago I told everyone this would come down to who has the best looking 1st lady.

Last edited:
A year ago I told everyone this would come down to who has the best looking 1st lady.

Um...well, in that case the choice is obvious. Same candidate also has the best looking VP...

(I love Sarah Palin)

Back