• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubbing

chelms27

NAXJA Forum User
Went wheeling this weekend and have a few problems, my rear springs sag a bit with gear inside(have shackle lift) so I want to make the rear about 1" higher and no sag. What is the best way to do this? what are good rear leaf springs to get with that small of a lift? And second, the front rubbed the inner wheel wells at full flex without sway bars. will the hockey puck method work well?(2" BB spacer and fender trimming front and rear) Thanks for any advise! Had a great time at Truck Haven.

chelms27 said:
Went wheeling this weekend and have a few problems, my rear springs sag a bit with gear inside(have shackle lift) so I want to make the rear about 1" higher and no sag. What is the best way to do this? what are good rear leaf springs to get with that small of a lift? And second, the front rubbed the inner wheel wells at full flex without sway bars. will the hockey puck method work well?(2" BB spacer and fender trimming front and rear) Thanks for any advise! Had a great time at Truck Haven.

Try a stock XJ main leaf cut down to fit under the not cut down main leaf. Or use a stock XJ second leaf, cut down a bit to fit under the not cut stock second leaf.

Should give you about what you are looking for.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

What size tires do you run? Stock wheels?

tires are 245/75R16's goodyear MT/R's on Rubicon Rims. I like this article, I think the second leaf cut down might be the way to go. Thanks for the advise.

Back