• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 8000 or 9000 Shocks?

Tyquan

NAXJA Forum User
Which shocks are best? Has anyone noticed a difference between the two when used on and off the road? I have 5.5" of lift and I wheel my jeep hardcore. My heep catches some air once in a while.

Well, they are pretty stiff, but it'll just make it that much more noticeable when you get your Bilsteins. I ran the RC 9000 shocks for about 8 months, just swapped to Bilsteins 5150s recently, and boy do they ride nice!

Honestly though, the RC 9000 shocks were perfectly serviceable and I think were a decent compromise based on how cheap they were and how little money I had extra when I bought the lift kit.

i got 4 9000 shocks, and stabalizer, shipped to my house (west coast) for $150.
quality service, quality product... I wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again!

i got 4 9000 shocks, and stabalizer, shipped to my house (west coast) for $150.
quality service, quality product... I wouldnt hesitate to do business with them again!
NO, NO NO NO NO...
...some examples of 'quality product'...

4inchkong.gif

OL140667.jpg

ok, now some examples of cheap, third world made crap made to be as cheep as possible.....

shocks_layout.jpg

129_0203_06_z+2002_ford_f150_fx4+rancho_shocks.jpg

its one thing to say, i dont need a fancy shock, i only rock crawl at slow speeds, that flys.
now, without getting into it, are you fucking high? quality product my ass
lets be realistic

Last edited:
about $200 per shock. worth every penny
(the above pic is not mine, i run straight 2.0 resi's)

ok well we are comparing apples and oranges. $25/shock vs 200/shock..

not everyone needs 200/shock. thats a waste of money on a stock/light lifted cherokee.

I swear, some of you guys dont actually pay attention to the post, your just so quick to stick your head up your ass.

stop being so fucking arrogant.

id rather be arrogant, than confused enough to consider THIS 'quality'
shocks_layout.jpg

i couldnt enjoy my jeep if i was limited to 20mph in the dirt, some of you older people maybe... but i cant understand limiting yourself to shitty shocks. i dont run kings, and im not on an unlimited budget, but i enjoy the ride and figure others might as well

your comparing a budget shock, something for light wheeling, and daily driving, with fox shocks, witch are meant for competition use.

I dont disagree with you on fox shocks being great. but be realistic. NOT EVERYONE HAS $800+ for a repair. fox shocks and RC are not NOT! in the same market.

and yes, Rough country is quality! Of course my shocks dont stack up to yours, DID I PAY FOR THEM TOO?

bilsteins are a good compromise...

bilstein03t.jpg

Tell me those are not awesome... Bilstein 5150s are hte wya to go, thats what im getting next, at least in the front.

RC shocks suck,if they sucked any more there would be a Giant Black hole in the universe!

so, should dana 60's be off-limits whenever someone even mentions that they have a budget? those are expensive too....
if going fast is important, $800 isnt too much to save up. they are rebuildable, and will not be thrown away when their oil gets foamed, like a budget shock would. bend a shaft? buy a replacement. its not cheap if you gotta replace it later on
i happen to like fox, but theres cheaper stuff out there if someone was inclined

the real argument is serviceable vs non serviceable
has this gone off topic? maybe...

OH, and just because fox also makes racing shocks, doesnt mean they ONLY make racing shocks, their 2.0 series is entry level, oem bushing configuration and all.

he asked about a $25-30 shock replacement, you advised him of a $200+ shock replacement.

And no, i would never advise a novice to do a dana 60 swap.

look, all im sayin, is he asked about a low budget decent replacement, lets be realistic, do you REALLY think your advice applies to his situation?

Back