• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sep 16th JeepSpeed Race in Lucerne

Brady's XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else going? I'm going up Friday night and camping out with my brother, CKH550, then going to the race the next day. We've never been to one, thought we'd give it a try.

If anyone knows good places to camp out in the area, let me know. Anyone else wants to join, come on.

i want in

The more the better!! I will be racing. Come on out its lots of fun! Bring your own beer though i don't like to share. See you there. Car number 1719

tcm glx said:
Next race is on the 30th, not the 16th....

Thats what I thought. I knew of some testing going on that weekend but not the REAL race.

-Mike

The website has "something" on the 16th in Lucerne Valley, but I don't think it's one of the scheduled races. NRT_Chris, do you know what's going on this weekend and if it's worth heading up north for?

more KARTEK GOLD CUP CHALLENGE is that weekend. No Jeepspeeds apear to be entered yet.
M.O.R.E. races are fun to watch because its mostly grassroots style racing. Partys all night friday night. Best place to watch is the rockpile by the drylake bed. I go to the MDR races so I dont think that Ill make this one.

ME,
KG

juryrigjalopy said:
more KARTEK GOLD CUP CHALLENGE is that weekend. No Jeepspeeds apear to be entered yet.
M.O.R.E. races are fun to watch because its mostly grassroots style racing. Partys all night friday night. Best place to watch is the rockpile by the drylake bed. I go to the MDR races so I dont think that Ill make this one.

ME,
KG

There are Jeepspeed groups and others that will be at JV for prerunning the race on the 30th. There is a Pirate bash/event going on as well. It should be crowded with all that is going on. Be aware of what is going on and try not to be on the course.

-Mike

I forgot about the race on the 30th. Too bad CA Lobster season opener is that night (Oct. 1st), I have priorities....and all you can eat lobster is way up there. I couldnt find anything on the pirate bash though, I know there was a big group going up labor day weekend.

Thanks Mike L.
That looks like a fun event. Strippers, 4x4s, and food. who could ask for more.

Back