• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Clips To Tranny

DC_Cherokee_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
these clips are the clips that go the rad and the tranny. These are just sliding on, and when i pull on them they come off. Are these to " click " in or just sit there like they are ?

Ive squeezed them together with all my might and they wont go in any farther.

Are these a one time clip deal or what ?

208ad7t.jpg

the clip will slide over the male end that is attached to the radiator. Once it is inserted into the female tranny line, it should lock itself into place. I usually replace them if parts are avilable, but have ran used ones repeatedly w/o any problems.

Another solution is to cut the female end off and double hose clamp it to the radiator barb. That is the return line so there isn't as much pressure behind it.

^ Haha that too funny. pressure behind it and the kiss. how lovely. you guys crack me up !

But yeah, thats what i figured about the clips. push together and they clip in. they dont clip in. so this is why im asking, where cn i get this part if you know ?

and i take it is relativley easy to do the clamp fix eh ??

And what about the other one ? that one wont clip in either. Does that have much " pressure behind it " as well
You'll have to excuse Tyler and I, it seems every thread we're both a part of takes a dive south. As far as the clips go, they're called "nylon quick disconnects" and are available at most parts houses, NAPA for sure, but I believe O'Reilly's/Advance has them in their Help! or Dorman section as well. I personally would just slice the female end off with a blade, shove the remainder of the hose all the way up on there, double clamp it, and call it a day...haha this is another statment that probably sounds odd. As far as the other one you're talking about...the upper connection on the radiator should be a thread on type, if it's another one of the QD type, you've got a different animal than I've seen before. Good luck!

Well i got the hose clamps and will be doing this in the morning. thanks for the help guys. ill let you know how it turns out and ill post a pic of what im talking about with the other one. Its a clip as well

COOL ! all done and runnin ! thanks guys for the help and input. Cut off the female part and clamped it on. Worked like a charm. And the reason they werent going on is the clips that i had mine didnt have a insert that the new one had. So i was basiclly pushing on that ring and it wouldnt slide in. I cut the first one and that piece fell out, so i became sherlock holmes and did some investigating and pulled off the other clip, took out the insert and it snapped right into place.

Ugh.. how such little things can prevent us from what we need to do.

" I think you can work with that line as well " hehe.

You'll have to excuse Tyler and I, it seems every thread we're both a part of takes a dive south. As far as the clips go, they're called "nylon quick disconnects" and are available at most parts houses, NAPA for sure, but I believe O'Reilly's/Advance has them in their Help! or Dorman section as well. I personally would just slice the female end off with a blade, shove the remainder of the hose all the way up on there, double clamp it, and call it a day...haha this is another statment that probably sounds odd. As far as the other one you're talking about...the upper connection on the radiator should be a thread on type, if it's another one of the QD type, you've got a different animal than I've seen before. Good luck!

no excuses here......nuthin but the facts sir...nuthin but the facts! :D

Back