• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long is an XJ?

hmmm ask cha cha they told me the weight of my cherokee. its free just standard rates for texting aply. just text to 242-242 and ask how long is a jeep cherokee?

165.4" (4dr)

Probably those big plastic warts they put on the bumpers.

Remember Homer Simpson makes stuff up to post on Wikipedia. My son and I just measured our 4 door XJs, 1987 & 1995. They both measure 162.75". My Laredo has bumper guards that add 2 1/2" to each end, which makes it 167.75" Bumper guards came on upper trim level XJs 1984 through 1996. It's not the year, it's the trim level that makes a difference 84/96. I'm sure tbburg is correct about the 97/01 being different because of the bumpers. And yes, we do know how to use a tape measure.:eyes:

I got curious while I was out in the garage. The plastic end caps on my '00 add 1 5/8" to the front bumper(measured from the center of the bumper to a straight edge laid across the warts) The rear end caps don't stick out as far as the curve at the center of the rear bumper. My '87 "Chief" had a flat bumper with small end caps/no bumps.

I got the 165.4" from a line drawing showing dimensions and approach/breakover/departure angles. I was using a 6" tape and was too lazy to get an overall length.

Back