• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window wipes

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
I found some old threads with part#'s from the dealer but no mention of what i'm thinking.

My old outer window wipes on the XJ are cracking and the black covering on the trim is peeling off. I'd like to replace these, and i think i remember mention of the 97+ seals being all rubber like the inside wipes and they would be a direct fit for pre 97 doors.

Anyone know anything about this?

Anyone have a pic of the 97+ molding?

That was in my beater build. They are essentially drop-in compatible. Here is the pic of the rear door wipes, with notches for the fixed glass.

Door_Wipes_Compared_Inside.sized.jpg

You don't need to do anything for these to work, but there are a couple of places where rivets interfere and you will want to clip the inner rubber a little to get the wipe seated fully. I also got a better seal around the outside glass by snipping the rubber at a slight angle by the uprights, and then folding the cut edge into the upright's nook. You'll know what I mean when you get them.

Use a paint scraper to push the wipes off. You'll probably need some needle-nose pliers to get the old style clips out if you don't have a window trim removal tool (Y-shaped thing, sold at NAPA and Team Cherokee)

Dragging up an oldie.....

Anyone else try any other ways to fix the window trim pieces when the black plastic peels off leaving the shiny stainless behind. One side of my Jeeps windows look like hell (side parked toward sun all the time) and thinking of just peeling it off the rest of the way and painting but looking to see if anyone else has tried to do that.

Back