• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FISHING

juniorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so friday morning i get to my buddy's house and walk in and he says "what are you doing tomorow around 4:00am ish." to wich i quickly replyed "going fishing with you it seams." I tell ya, that made my friday go a hole lot better. after work we fixed the missing rivet on the bottom of the boat, then my buddy had to go bowl at milwaukee lanes. after his return i brought back his battery and we commenced to clean out the boat. i got home that night around 11:00pm and was right back at 4:30am. we got to the launch at aound 5:30 and was back bouncing by 6:30.

it was going to be a purdy day
DSC_0292.jpg

we didnt get or see anything all morning. till the sun hit the water, it started to pick up a bit.

id say 'bout 10:30am or so one of the rods buried like an ostrich's head. chucked the anchor rope and we were in for some fun.

who can tell me what this is. keep in mind thats a farely stout rod.
DSC_0423.jpg

need another clue? it took two people and just over an hour.

DSC_0453.jpg

how bout this one. erie aint it?

DSC_0477.jpg

thats right. a 9 foot white sturgeon.
here she is trying to pick up our boat as she runs away again
DSC_0457.jpg

here fishy fishy
DSC_0465.jpg

this really shows the size of this beast. sturgeon this size are around 100-120 years of age. thay are known to get around 14-15+ feet in lenth
DSC_0489.jpg

to finish off the day my buddy hooked into a 22" nookie. not big but tasted just as good.

hope you enjoyed.

That fish may have cought you

that was mine and katie's first columbia river oversize. let me tell you, when you first see it and you realize that the thing on the other side of the line is 3 times bigger than me, it is a really neat feeling.

Wow that thing is awesome!

and i thought my 12" rainbow trout were huge. :D

that was on the columbia river about .25mi down from the bonnaville dam. no killing involved. the leagal keepers are from 42" to 60".

Very nice fish.....that is about double the size of the largest sturgeon I have caught.
It is a ton of fun, I have never been on the upper Columbia, only in Astoria during the month of June.....

that was on the columbia river about .25mi down from the bonnaville dam. no killing involved. the leagal keepers are from 42" to 60".

Wow, we are not even allowed to fish sturgeon on this side of the columbia.

Back