• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Crew... measurement please?

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
I'm making a cross member and I need to make sure the tranny is located in the same place as original. Could somebody give me a measurement from the side of the tranny pan to the inside of the frame rail (at the back corner of the pan) on both sides? Is it supposed to be the same on both sides? It doesn't feel like the natural location, but I can force it over :dunno:

Thanks!
Billy

I'll try to get measurements tomorrow, but my XJ always seemed to slide over to one side. I'd have to use ratchet straps to pull the crossmember back over to the drivers side. As I recall, this gets worse if you have a t-case drop installed. I believe the trans mount holes were centered on my two OEM crossmembers and the rugged ridge HD crossmember.

I'll try to get measurements tomorrow, but my XJ always seemed to slide over to one side. I'd have to use ratchet straps to pull the crossmember back over to the drivers side. As I recall, this gets worse if you have a t-case drop installed. I believe the trans mount holes were centered on my two OEM crossmembers and the rugged ridge HD crossmember.

Thanks man. I really appreciate it!
Billy

Hmm, whatdya know? Couldn't easily measure the trans oil pan due to arms and exhaust in the way, but measuring from the crossmember bolts in to the trans mount bolts: 16 1/4" on the passenger side, 15 1/4" on the drivers side. my crossmember is slotted, so there is about 1/2" play in that measurement, but... 1" closer to the drivers side! (with a TNT bellypan)

ahh. pass trans bolt, to pass x-member bolt. and same deal for the drivers side.

I see what you mean now. I'll see if I can get good measurements at the pan.

Back