• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help diagnosing a problem

Sherman_thetank

Keep it pinned!
Ok, i have an 88 5spd, that i just rebuilt the entire motor of with (new) stock parts, except the pistons, and a high vol. oil pump. I have been messing around with it for a week now, and now i have the map sensor unplugged, and i have been moving vacuum lines around so it will run and idle, but when i accelerate, around 2000-2500 rpms it starts to cut out and run like poopie. Then when i put the clutch in, it stalls and almost dies every time, and sometimes does. I have checked spark, fuel pump, fuel injectors, and timing, so i am wondering is it is a clearance issue once the rockers are pumped up with oil....Does anyone have any ideas :dunno:
Thanks in advance!

~Alex

iv replaced the CPS and that helps a little but still doing more of the same

Ok, i have an 88 5spd, that i just rebuilt the entire motor of with (new) stock parts, except the pistons, and a high vol. oil pump. I have been messing around with it for a week now, and now i have the map sensor unplugged, and i have been moving vacuum lines around so it will run and idle, but when i accelerate, around 2000-2500 rpms it starts to cut out and run like poopie. Then when i put the clutch in, it stalls and almost dies every time, and sometimes does. I have checked spark, fuel pump, fuel injectors, and timing, so i am wondering is it is a clearance issue once the rockers are pumped up with oil....Does anyone have any ideas :dunno:
Thanks in advance!

~Alex

my 89 runs like crap without the vacuum line attached to the map.

why are you not using the map sensor?

because it runs even worse with the map sensor, it will idle without it, but with it on it sounds like its got a huge cam in it (lobes...badly) and will eventually die out...so thats why i am kind of lost it should be the other way around

Back