• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what a hassle.

Taylorxj88

NAXJA Forum User
I have had my xj for about 4 years. I put a RE 5.5inch long arm lift on it and 33bfg muds.
I have put hundreds of dollars into trying to get it running. the last thing that i checked was my feul pump and a little rubber hose was eaten up by gasoline. thats why I had feul preasure but just not enough.
I went to auto zone and got a free 2inch peice of hose.
that fixed my problem....now my jeep just idles around 2000rpms. i have changed my map sensor, cps, and a few other things and cant figure out what the problem is...any ideas?
thanks.

i dunno about jeep but i am pretty familiar with bikes and i knwo that replacing map sensor makes your idle a LOT stronger....so that may have just upped it a lil...the screw to turn your idle down is eady to get to ......

which screw would it be. I dont wana go in and just start turning screws.
i heard map sensor would be part of the reason why my engine wouldnt start but it didnt change anything that i know of.

right by your throttle body, your throttle cable should connet to a black rod.....there is a screw on teh end of it.....just tighten it (turn top toward cab) and it will lower the idle.....
if your not sure what im talkin about....start up the jeep.....you will seethe little pin poppin back and forth....

Back