• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RHD questions

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the radiators are set up differently on a RHD? I'm looking for a spot to mount my second sanden ac compressor without moving my battery and it looks like the lower radiator hose might get in the way. Has anyone done this before? Using RHD ac bracketry to mount a second compressor, so that they can keep the ac and have OBA as well? I know there are some out there that mount the compressors next to eachother, but i don't have room to move my battery around. Maybe they have a different lower radiator hose for RHD's.

now is it a different set up, or are the radiator hoses just different types and shapes? Maybe an Aussie could jump on this topic and solve it for us.

I need to know if the lower radiator hose is shaped differently than the LHD models. Which side is the lower hose on? Left or Right? Also, if you have AC, would you mind taking a few pictures of your compressor, the compressor lines, the compressor mounts, all in relation to the lower radiator hose. So if you could get maybe a shot from the bottom looking up at the AC compressor and then another showing the front of the engine (from the top looking down onto the serpentine belt would be fine) so I can get an idea how the AC compressor sits and what I would have to do to convert my motor to a "semi RHD motor" to facilitate the AC compressor I want to use for OBA. If you can't post them or can't host them online, I'd be more than happy to do so if you'd email them to me ([email protected]). I appreciate your help.

ok i will try ang take some photos tomorrow and email them to you.
i dont think i can take one from the bottom up as there is a cover that covers the bottom.
anyway will check it all out and let you know.

I am replacing my cracked exhaust manifold and broken engine mounts at the moment. I hope this photo shows enough for you. The bracket in front of the engine mount used to hold my A/C compressor. I swapped it out for an idler wheel a few years back which bolts to that bracket. The compressor was always getting caked in mud and didn't last long down there. If you don't wheel in mud it is a good spot for a second compressor.
The water pump is different and I'm pretty sure my power steering attachment is different too. The radiator hose exits downward from the pump into a 'U' bend then back upwards and then curving over the inner fender near the headlight area. I have half of an old hose sat under it between the hose and the fender to act as an abrasion shield.

Exhaust%20001.jpg

That's a great shot. I actually decided not to go that route for my OBA because parts were too difficult to come by. I decided to just fab up my own brackets and piggy back it next to my current ac compressor and just relocate my battery to the back. I appreciate the picture though and if this doesn't work out for me, I'll probably do some more research into the RHD bracketry.

Back