• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Woes

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
Posted this on JF as well but wanted to check and see if anyone here knew what was going on as well. Replaced my accumulator awhile ago and got my system vac'd and charged. It blew nice and cold on my way home (20min) but since then it's been blowing hot. Did some digging and my compressor had stopped kicking in. Tested all the wiring and determined that the clutch relay was shot. Replaced it and it STILL isn't coming on. Tested the high pressure switch and there's continuity between the pins. Tested the low pressure switch and nothing. Jumpered the wiring harness and everything came to life as it should except for one problem......no cold air. I ran it at idle in the driveway like this for 10min so that might have something to do with it. The guy at the shop told me there was a small leak but that he fixed it and recharged it. This was about a week ago. I'm assuming the low pressure switch is what's preventing the compressor from engaging but it doesn't really explain the lack of cold air.......anyone have any ideas? I wanna fix this now so I don't have to worry about it in the spring :)

Take it back. You still have a leak.

Back