• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac-bar relocation???

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK guys & gals,

What is required for trac-bar relocation and/or adjustment after the lift. How is the axle brought back to center? This is a 3-3.5" lift

Is it just a matter of "remove trac-bar axle mount, steer side to side, jump up and down on it and then see where it ends up and drill accordingly".

Do we have to get a special bracket or is there enough meat on the existing mount for another hole (hole size?).

Let your creativity fly.

The 3.5" RE lift I put on my XJ tells you to redrill the hole to move the stock track bar over. I looked at it and decided that seemed like a bad idea. Once everything was put back together without redrilling, the driver's side tire stuck out about an inch or so more. I ordered the RE adjustable trackbar and installed it a week or so later. Price was about $150 and you can adjust it so your wheels are dead centered. Worth the money.

x3 on adjustable trackbar. redrilling at the axle end can be a last resort but no need to weaken the mounts :)

I had a relocation bracket that came with my pro comp 3.5 kit. I didnt have any problems with it. It DID require drilling, but it came with the kit, so i used it.
An adjustable Trac bar would be another good device also though, i mean why not.

i did my trac bar relocation kit today and it took me a total of maybe 5 minutes with an air impact gun and a corded drill. the bracket and all the bolts and instructions cost me about 30 dollars. if your on a budget (like most of us are right now) then do the bracket. Its so easy you will laugh. If your not on a budget... then get the adj trac bar. Either way, your axle should line up good... but do ONE of them or you will be riding with the drivers side wheel sticking out about an inch.

All the above options are better, but you can get by with shifting the hole 3/4" toward the drivers side. Thats what R.E. reccomends. It's just a Bandaid, but it'll get you back on the road safely. If you are worried about weakening the bracket tack weld a thick washer to it. This is a real common way of doing it on a smaller lift.:spin3:

Back